365 days of discovery

...................................


Recent Posts

Monday, February 22, 2010

Dependent


de•pend•ent (dē pen′dənt, di-)

adjective
1. influenced, controlled, or determined by something else; contingent
2. subordinate
3. addicted

noun
1. a person who depends on someone else for existence, support, etc.
-----
This one made me chuckle. I’ve always considered myself to be one of the most independent people I know, but the noun form of dependent comes scarily close to describing me. It’s against my nature to rely on help or aid from anyone else to get by in life. As a SAHM I have to be somewhat dependent on my husband (for financial support), but even that goes against my grain. Hence my little cottage industries, The Covered Bottom & Key Fob Fairy.

I may not be paying the mortgage with my profits, but last month I made enough to make my husband’s car payment!

2 comments:

Earmark Social said...

Love your blog, very refreshing and unique!

Catherine said...

Thank you! :)

Post a Comment