365 days of discovery

...................................


Recent Posts

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Careerist


ca•reer•ist (-ist)

noun
1. a person interested chiefly in succeeding in a career, to the neglect of other things
-----
As a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) to two little ones, I’m hardly a careerist. Had I not been blessed with children, it’s certainly possible that I could have headed in this direction. I was already fully ensconced in Corporate America, working towards my own office, assistant, and 60-hour a week headache. Now that I’ve tasted freedom, though, I hope I don’t ever have to go back.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I hope you don't have to go back either! :)

Carrie Arsenault said...

I relate to you on this one! I left a very successful business that I owned and operated 7 days a week, 365 days a year, to be a SAHM. It has been 2 years and I have loved every minute!

Post a Comment